Scottish Certificate for Personal Licence Holders
Scottish Certificate for Personal Licence Holders (Refresher)
The SCPLH covers the syllabus set by the Scottish Government to enable candidates to understand the law in relation to:
- the roles, responsibilities and functions of Licensing Boards and Licensing Standards Officers
- the application process for a personal licence
- the application process for premises and occasional licences, mandatory & discretionary conditions
- protection of children from harm
- the content and purpose of an operating schedule and risk assessment
- drunkenness and disorderly behaviour
- licensed hours
- control of order
- the responsible retail sale of alcohol
- roles and responsibilities of the personal licence holder and the penalties relating to failure to comply with the law
- unauthorised licensable activities
- rights of entry to licensed premises
- the strengths of alcoholic drinks and the effects of alcohol on the human body.
To book a place on one of our courses please use our contact page to let us know the course, venue and date you wish to attend.
For the SCPLH we charge £140 inclusive of examination fees and course materials. For the SCPLH Refresher we charge £75 inclusive. Remember we accept ITA Scotland accounts for all of our courses!
The Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005 states that anyone who authorises the sale of alcohol to the public must hold a personal licence. If you wish to obtain a personal licence you need to apply to your local licensing board. You will be asked for a number of things to support your application; these include proof that you hold a licensing qualification such as the SCPLH.
The SCPLH has been developed in a way that means it meets the training specification of the Scottish Government and can be finished in one day. The training is followed on the same day by one multiple choice examination.
Training may be delivered in-house at client premises, at our dedicated training centre in Midlothian or at any suitable venue in accordance with client requirements.
This course can be delivered face to face or by flexible/distance learning
This course may be completed by distance learning.
This involves the delegate completing an online E-learning course and then sitting the end of course examination at a mutually convenient venue. This can be one of our training venues in Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Inverness, Elgin, etc or for instance at a place or employment.
If you have a group of people who you wish to book on the full personal licence course or indeed the refresher we can deliver this course at your venue to a minimum of 5 delegates, contact us for more information on firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact page